- 5 cups chicken broth
- 5 cups water
- 5 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 3 carrots, cut into small chunks
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cups cubed, cooked chicken
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Pepper to taste
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil. Add the chicken and rice. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Whisk together eggs and lemon juice; quickly stir into soup. Add oregano and pepper. Serve immediately.